The Technical Architect plays a critical role in the Saltbox delivery model, working closely with the project team and client stakeholders to design, implement and launch a technical solution that meets or exceeds client expectations. Successful individuals will be able to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment, have strong time management, communication and critical thinking skills in combination with a deep salesforce platform and technical expertise to drive the success of their projects from beginning to end.
- Own definition of the end-to-end solution architecture to accommodate defined business requirements. This includes defining and leading a delivery framework that ensures quality and success.
- Work with project managers and/or clients to scope work and produce estimates to help define deliverables and timelines.
- Lead technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions aligned with client business objectives; identify gaps between client's current and desired end states
- Interact directly with customers to review requirements, manage project delivery and obtain deliverable feedback.
- Design and implement data structure, flows, Apex classes, and Lightning components to support application build as needed.
- Manage source control repository (CI/CD, Git flow) and review code to ensure quality development.
- Manage release & environment management (i.e.: deployments).
- Manage local and offshore development teams to ensure successful delivery of technical aspects of complex engagements.
- Mentor and lead less experienced technical team members to enable their growth and success.
- Contribute to company thought leadership & industry innovation
- Stay current in pertinent technologies and advance in learning through certifications & other means
- Participate in coaching / mentoring opportunities with other team members
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 5+ years of technical experience within the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Extensive experience with Salesforce’s products, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, B2B Commerce, Experience Cloud, and CPQ.
- Salesforce Advanced Developer / Platform Developer II Certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience leading development teams through agile project delivery.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively and to deliver constructive feedback
- Experience working on a cross-functional project team.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Salesforce development and configuration.
Ideal candidates will have a combination of the following:
- Firm understanding of web application design and analysis, design patterns, and object oriented design
- Experience with Force.com declarative configuration and Apex/Lightning/API development.
- Experience working with Apex REST/SOAP API integrations
- Experience with unit, integration and end-to-end system testing and performance tuning.
- Experience developing clear solution and technical diagram
- Understanding of key design patterns and large data volume limitations and best practices
- Understanding of data sharing and visibility considerations and how these play into platform architecture
- Experience with platform authentication patterns
- Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems
- Familiarity with platform security capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical business users from various backgrounds including sales, support and marketing through verbal or written communication.
- Ability to travel, as needed for client engagements
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits & 401k
- An opportunity to be on the ‘ground floor’ of an emerging salesforce partner
- Regular access to the leadership team
- Strong, family friendly, work culture
- The chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact