The Functional Lead plays a critical and visible role in the Saltbox delivery model, working closely with client stakeholders to design, document, implement and launch solutions that meet or exceed client expectations. Successful individuals will be able to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment, be a hands-on team player, have strong time management, communication and critical thinking skills in combination with a deep Salesforce platform expertise to drive the success of their projects from beginning to end. The Functional Lead has a direct impact on the revenue generated with customers and operates as a key team member to drive positive customer experiences across the lifecycle of projects. Critical success factors to this role are the ability to multitask, act proactively and drive efficient communication to escalate critical issues as well as provide meaningful consultative responses to customer queries.
- Work collaboratively with clients to identify, validate, and document business objectives through robust discovery workshops and related meetings
- Drive the identification of requirements to understand the client’s needs and translate inputs into transformational business and digital solutions.
- Act as a trusted advisor and work with clients to help refine use cases and prioritize scope based on business value
- Create and present application design solutions to clients based on current pain points and future state goals.
- Provide guidance on best practices on digital business applications on the Salesforce platform
- Achieve customer satisfaction through successful delivery of defined project scope
- Partner with stakeholder teams across business units to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently
- Own the development and refinement of business process flows, use cases, user stories, and test cases
- Develop meaningful and lasting relationships with clients and respond to questions and concerns from stakeholders with supporting research and value-focused recommendations
- Manage administrative portions of project delivery from inception to closure, including defining ways of working
- Identify opportunities and capitalize on “add-on” sales opportunities across projects
- Support pre-sales teams on sales calls with proposal development and resource estimating
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of functional lead/business consultant (or equivalent) experience delivering digital solutions on the Salesforce platform (or similar web-based/digital development projects) using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Professional presentation skills, ability to lead diverse teams, and communicate with client managers, directors, and VPs
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, propose solid solutions and to collaborate with internal resources as needed for assistance.
- Experience with agile development tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud (and/or Industry Clouds), Service Cloud, B2B Commerce, Experience Cloud, or Marketing Cloud.
- Proficient in Google G-Suite or Microsoft Office
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Certified at minimum at the Salesforce Administrator level, ideally with experience or certification in the following clouds: Sales Cloud (and/or Industry Clouds), Service Cloud, Experience Cloud, CPQ, B2B Commerce, and Marketing Cloud.
- Contribute to company thought leadership & industry innovation
- Stay current in pertinent technologies and advance in learning through certifications & other means
- Participate in coaching / mentoring opportunities with other team members
What we offer
- Competitive salary, 100% paid employee health benefits & 401k
- Strong, family-friendly work culture
- The chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
Please note: No sponsorship is available for this position.